During the Multi-Engine Add-on Course,
you will learn advanced aircraft systems
and multi-engine maneuvers, tips on dealing with situational awareness and the effects
of spatial disorientation. You'll learn about
advanced aerodynamics, weight and balance and performance determinations.
be taught engine inoperative factors, directional control methods and
engine-out operations. In addition, you'll study topics such as advanced
wing flap design, flight instruments, complex landing gear, braking
systems and high performance engine and controllable pitch propellers.
Hydraulic systems, fuel systems, oil systems and anti-ice systems
will also be covered.
Finally, you'll master a wide range of multi-engine maneuvers, including
crosswind take-offs and climbs, short-field takeoffs, slow-flight
maneuvers, steep turns and maximum performance climbs. Last, we'll cover
emergency procedures for critical engine out operations.
5 hours of flight time that includes:
- 5 hours of multi engine flight instruction.
- 10 hours of ground instruction.
- 1 hour FAA checkride flight
- Must posses at least a Private Pilot Certificate.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age to participate.
- Course duration: approximately 2 weeks.